Friday, January 16, 2009

No School Again?

Day three of the melt down/no school saga. I'm beginning to wonder if these kids will ever go to school again. The roads are pretty messy. There is still a thick layer of ice over the gutters on the streets, so very little water is draining off. It's in the upper 40's, so the snow is melting rapidly. (I can see grass! I'm not kidding!) It's been raining for most of the day. There is a wind advisory for gusts of 50 mph in Anchorage, and 100 mph south of town on Turnagain Arm. Now, to add insult to injury, they have added a flood warning. It's like driving through a river out there. I think the only place that the ice and snow aren't melting is on our street and driveway. What are the odds? I get to go out tomorrow with a shovel and pick away at the mess to clear it off. If you want a good laugh, hang out on the corner and watch me try to carry trash bags to the dumpster. If I don't break something before this is over, it will be a miracle. Who knew spring would come so early? I'm heading out to buy some flowers and sunscreen. It's tan time. Who needs Hawaii anyway? Apparently our yard is now beach front property.

No comments: