Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'M MELTING.....



I'm going to say something that you don't hear every January day in Alaska...it's 32 degrees and raining. That's right...raining. I can't believe that just last week we were in the negative 20's and now we are melting. In the lower 48, they cancel school due to snow. Up here, they cancel it because of melt. Well, Happy Melt Day! Jess is definitely a happy camper. Brandon will be, too, when he wakes up and realizes he doesn't have to go to school. In the city's defense, everything is melting and refreezing on the roads, so it's rather icy out there. I wouldn't want to be driving around either. So now the kids and I will relax, watch movies and play the Wii for the rest of the day. In a little while, the hubby will call and tell me how sunny and warm it is in Hawaii. I've already warned him...tell me how you were sweating and had to turn up the air conditioner one more time and the Harley goes up for sale. Cheap. And none of that "But Honey, I'm working" crap either. I'm not buying it.

No comments: