Friday, October 3, 2008

It Moose Be The Pajamas!

I think that my new moose pajamas that Russ got me are bringing me lots of luck! I've seen tons of moose in the last week or so. This lovely visitor came to the front yard at around 5:30 this morning. It also answers the age old question, "Are moose afraid of giant spiders?" I know this problem has been keeping you up at night, so I will tell you the answer now, obviously not.
This lady was also not alone. She had an admirer following her around. He was patiently waiting in the yard across the street while she enjoyed her breakfast. Apparently their relationship is in the early stages, because she didn't have a lot of patience for him.
Did you know that moose are the largest member of the deer family? It's true! You can see the resemblance when you check out their hooves. You can also see that moose have great taste. She was very impressed with my Halloween decorations. Or maybe she was just wondering if the giant spider was edible.
To give you an idea of just how big moose are, the hump of her shoulders was even with the top of my van. The bull moose was bigger than that. They don't have deer this big in the south, even Texas! In case you are wondering if we got snow this morning, the answer is no. It rained instead. That will teach me to count my flakes before they flurry! Oh, well, it won't be long.

No comments: