Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The GrizzlyBarb Hotel

I think I'm ready to check out. I like camping out just as much as the next guy, but after sleeping on an inflatable mattress for a week now, I've had just about all the camping I require at the moment. Thank you very much.

The rest of the house isn't really an issue. I can do without the couch and big TV. The family has pointed out to me that I was being overly generous in calling our "new" TV a 13 inch one. Seems like it's more like 9 inches. You don't mind so much until it's time to read the show guide on the screen. I will be getting my contact prescription adjusted right after I visit the chiropractor. No biggie. I'll just add that to my to-do list and carry on. Yes, we are definitely living large here in Alaska for the next week. We are probably starting a new trend. Minimalism as it's best. We have given up worldly possessions for a life that is simpler. Just our family, the laptop, and a George Foreman grill. It doesn't get any more basic than that. Of course the fact that we are grilling salmon for dinner never hurts. I'm not THAT minimalistic.

No comments: