Friday, May 15, 2009

Fantastic Friday With The Palins

Now I'm not one to drop names, but I SPENT THE MORNING WITH THE PALINS! Yes, you heard me right. (OK, I am one to drop names.) How awesome is that??? I have the best non paying job in the world. :0) As the school photographer, I get to do all kinds of fun things around the school. One of those things is taking pictures of important visitors. When they asked me if I'd be interested in taking pics of the Palins, of course I jumped at the chance. Did you really think I'd say no? In case you are wondering... yes, Sarah Palin is even more beautiful in person. And yes, she is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She is not the typical politician. She is more like a neighbor, who stopped over for a visit. She had time for everyone, answered questions, and was super with the kids.
And the answer to your next question...yes, Todd Palin is a hottie. :0) He is also a really great guy. He is very laid back, and just hangs out while Sarah does her thing.
Sarah came to our school to sign legislation that will help military kids make the transition to new schools easier. Military kids have it tough, because they change not only schools every couple of years, but also states (and sometimes countries). This program will help give kids the support they need to get settled into their new schools and new locations. She is definitely a friend of the military, and we appreciate it.

I'm not committing to anything, but this MIGHT be the official State Seal of the Governor, and they MIGHT have forgotten it and left it at the school. Someone MIGHT have borrowed it for some pictures. (And yes, they were called and came back to get it.) They also MIGHT have caught us taking goofy pictures with it. He was very polite and pretended he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. But he did make sure that nothing else was left behind. :0) Go figure.

9 comments:

Greg said...

Great post. It's always refreshing to find such positive insights into someone who is vilified by so many in the so-called "mainstream media."

Thanks again.

Emma Lavender said...

You're so lucky!!! Thanks for sharing the pics and your encounter with the Palins!

RickH said...

You sound like you are just about as cool as Ms. Palin is. Thanks for the story.

CrabbyCon said...

I'm green with envy - that is just so awesome! Thanks for sharing!!

BelgiumBarb said...

Thanks so much for all of the nice comments! I really appreciate it. I was VERY lucky to have the chance to meet the Palins. Shame on the media for being to mean to them. They are super people and very gracious.

Lisa Graas said...

Wow. An AWESOME post. And God bless the State of Alaska, and particularly Governor Palin, for doing something so great for military families. I will have to link to you from my own blog. What a great story. (Will try to get a link up tomorrow.)

ZH said...

Nice pics; thanks for the story and for sharing the pics!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the great photos and the behind-the-scenes scoop on meeting the Palins. You are so lucky... wow! You describe the Palins to be exactly how I would imagine them to be in person... down to earth, friendly, kind, and compassionate. I have heard before that Sarah is much prettier in person, and you just confirmed that with your blog agnd photos. I think she is short too, am I right. Thanks again for sharing this wonderful experience.

Rosie said...

so cool,
Thanks.
Love Palin