Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Procrastination


That seems to be the word of the day for me lately. As my list of things that I need to do for this move grows longer, the more I seem to find other things to do to escape it. I am the queen of lists lately. I've always been very keen on lists anyway. There is something to be said about having a long list of things that need to be done and then slowly crossing those things off. It's a great feeling of accomplishment when you finally cross off that final item. Unfortunately, with a military move, I can't do anything until certain steps have taken place and certain things are cleared. Until then, I sit here and slowly add more things to my list. Then I decided to start another list. A list that I have control over. Things like decide what will be shipped in the first shipment, the second shipment, or just stuck into storage. Go through all of the closets and add to the stack of things to be sold at the garage sale. Arrange for the kitties to fly to the Grandparents house. It goes on... Then I started trying to take care of these things. I'm going to be proactive. The curtain rod in my closet pulled loose from the wall, and my clothes are tilting sadly toward the ground. I decided to start with that project first. I'm going to sort out my clothes and get rid of things that I don't wear any more. As I started rifling through them, I realized how sad and dreary my clothes looked, all drooped to the side like that. So I decided the best thing to do was get them a cheery new friend to remind them that spring is on the way. I shut the closet, headed out to Khol's, and bought two new shirts. After all, it's my civic duty, seeing as how we only just got a Khol's in Alaska. They opened on Monday. I have to show my support for the community. And they are lovely shirts. Short sleeves- one is a pretty salmon color, and the other is lime green. They practically shout Spring! I proudly brought them home, opened the closet door, quickly put them inside (I have more room on the left, now that the clothes are all sagging to the right!), and shut the door. There! A job well done. I'll tackle cleaning the closet tomorrow. I think I've done enough for the day.

No comments: