Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Helicopter Fun

On my birthday last year, our Army neighbors asked if I would be interested in watching him jump out of a helicopter. Would I? Are you kidding? How cool is that! We headed out to the drop zone and settled in for a great show.Standing on top of an old viewing stand right near the runway, we had the best view around. It couldn't have been a prettier day, either. Everything was perfect!
They divided into groups, loaded up into two helicopters, and took off.
I can't imagine how scary it must be to jump out that high, because I am a big chicken! These guys (and gals, too!) loved it. It is awesome to have a job that you love. It was awesome to be able to watch it all, too!
It was a fantastic day, and definitely something I won't forget!

No comments: