Friday, December 26, 2008

T'was the Day After Christmas...

We survived the Blizzard of 2008! OK, that was a little dramatic, I admit, but it got your attention. We got a whopping 7 1/2 inches of snow yesterday. Most of it was directly on our driveway. I know this because I got to help clean it up. Yes, Gretchen, we actually used the snow blower this time. (Even I'm not that slow!) :0) There was no way we were doing all of this by hand.
It's beautiful outside right now. Everything looks like it's covered with frosting. Not too many kids playing at the park, though.
This is a tree in our neighbors front yard. By summer...normal tree. By winter...Super Bunny, fighting crime where he might find it!
This is my frozen mail box. You REALLY have to want to mail to go and get it.
Poor Santa is snowed in. Good thing he delivered all of the toys the night before! I think this is what they call "zero visibility".

Finally made it to the back patio. The snow was even with the top (third) step up to the porch. Definitely thick stuff. It was very tiring watching Russ do all this work. I think I'll go relax on the couch with a cup of hot coffee. Happy Blizzard Day!

No comments: