Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Catching Up

We had Russ' shop Christmas party this past Saturday. It was a lot of fun. The party was at the Chalet out at Six Mile Lake. The airmen that put it on did a super job and everyone had a great time. Fantastic food, great prizes, and lots of entertaining conversations.

I got a nice surprise last week when the school presented me with roses as a Thank You for helping out with the Christmas play. Very cool. Jess took some beautiful pictures of them, so I thought I'd put one on the blog.


We also went out to Hillburg and had some fun sledding last weekend. Jess took her camera there, too, and I just got around to downloading the pictures from that. These were taken during out relaxing break. It takes a lot of energy to keep climbing up that hill after you sled down.



It's snowing outside right now, and has been for the last few hours. Poor Russ shoveled off the driveway and sidewalk this afternoon. Then we went to a movie and out to eat. By the time we got home, there were a few more inches of snow on the driveway, so he got to do it all again. That's OK, it's great exercise. Trust me, I've done more than my share of shoveling, so I know. Hopefully it will keep snowing all night and the sledding hill will be ready to go tomorrow. We are going to have a beautiful white Christmas.


On a more interesting note, though, the story of Snowzilla continues. After the Grinch tried to stop the yearly building of our beloved Snowzilla, a group of elves magically built him back up to a very impressive height of 25 feet while the city slept last night. Bigger and better than ever. You guys rock! Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause. His spirit lives in all of us.
(Snowzilla photograph from the Anchorage Daily News)

No comments: