Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!

Jess went back to school on Monday. Brandon, on Tuesday (stubborn boy, stubborn fever!) They were kind enough to pass their crud along to me. Thank you so very much. I am over the worst of it now, so luckily I had a much milder version than either of the kids. The cough does tend to linger on, though. Once I kick it, I'm good to go. Other than the cold and flu season, things are running along smoothly here in the frozen North. Redoubt is behaving herself so far. The schools have informed us that even if she blows her top, they plan on continuing along like normal. Between our great thaw/refreeze a few weeks ago and so many kids out sick, they can't afford to take any more time out of the classroom. Slap on the dust mask and goggles kids, it's time to get your education on!

I got a thrill yesterday morning when I was vegging on the couch. I sent in a couple of pics to the Daily Buzz morning show around a week ago. Viewers can send in pics and they show them during the weather. I had forgotten I'd even sent them in with all the sickness and chaos we've had here lately. Anyway, I'm laying on the couch and they said my name on TV. They showed my pics and gave me all kinds of cool complements. Pretty exciting. (Unless, of course, it was all the medication talking and the TV wasn't even on. I had just taken DayQuil!) I told Russ that he isn't the only famous person in the house, now. It's a wonder I can fit through the door with my head so big. Autographs will be available in the lobby after the show.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Awesome on the pictures. How fun is that? Good to hear you guys are all feeling better. Love the bear pic!!