Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It has been a great one. This year, both kids helped me prepare our big turkey meal. Brandon (the muscular one) cracked the eggs and made the Broccoli Cornbread. Not just any wimp can crack an egg, you know. It takes brawn as well as brain. Jess helped make the cornbread dressing as well as clean up. (And occassionally posed well for pictures.) Both kids are growing up so fast. It won't be long until they are out in the big world and cooking for themselves. (Then Russ and I can just show up and eat!)
Russ did the dirty work for me and helped clean up my mess after dinner. Definitely the most valuable job today. It's hard to come out of a turkey stupor long enough to wash dishes. In case you think it was all good times and merriment, there is a dark underworld in out Thanksgiving holiday. You know, the relatives that always fight throughout the meal. This is what was going on under the tablecloth.
I told them that Santa wasn't going to bring them anything if they didn't try to get along a little better. I'm not sure they believed me. Time out for these two. And no pumpkin pie!

No comments: